If you visit our office on January 21, 2017 – get ready to be HUGGED!
In honor of the National Hugging Day, Dedham Ophthalmic Consultants and Surgeons would like to share these notable FACTS about hugging!
- Big Hero 6 was selected as MOST HUGGABLE hero for 2015. (Maybe the Friendeshan’s will be selected for 2016?)
- When we hug another person, our bodies release oxytocin, a hormone associated with “happiness,” thus giving us a HAPPY sensation. (We call that Pozzi Power!)
- Hugs improve our game! Scientists at University of California, Berkley discovered that the more affectionate members of a team are with each other, the more likely they are to win!
- Hugs strengthen the immune system.
- Hugging relaxes muscles. Hugs release tension in the body. Hugs can take away pain; they soothe aches by increasing circulation into the soft tissues.
- WELL-HUGGED BABIES ARE LESS STRESSED AS ADULTS
Want to do something for future generations? Hug them when they’re still little.
- Hugging your partner will help you BOTH strengthen your relationship.
- Virginia Satir, a respected family therapist claims, “We need four hugs a day for survival. We need eight hugs a day for maintenance. We need twelve hugs a day for growth.”
In honor of our FAVORITE DAY – please SHARE a (((HUG))) with those you come across in your day today!
Caution: Reasonable care should be taken with those who are either uncomfortable with public affection or their reaction to a hug is unknown. In those situations, it is advised to ask first before hugging.