Dr. Desai is an Ophthalmic surgeon specializing in Diseases of the Retina. Dr. Desai treats diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, retinal vein occlusion, as well as retinal tears and detachments. In addition to seeing patients she is also actively involved in Medical Student Education at Tufts Medical School and in clinical research on retinal disease.
Dr. Desai graduated from Harvard Medical School and completed her residency at the University of California, San Francisco and her retinal fellowship at the New England Eye Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA.
Shilpa Desai, MD enjoys trying new recipes and spending time with family and friends.
Honor and Awards:
- Supply Chain Excellence Award, Johnson and Johnson
- Membership Advisory Committee, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Tau Beta Pi Member, Engineering Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa, Academic Honor Society
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship Semi-Finalist
- Elected Member of Aescupalian Club, Harvard Medical School
- Garcia/Asbury Clinical Research Award
- National Eye Institute Travel Grant Recipient, ARVO
- Clinical Volunteer, H.V. Desai Eye Hospital. Shadowed physicians in Eye Hospital outside Pune, India. Took histories, did clinical exams, reviewed studies, observed in operating room.